CTTL #SECURITY #CSAM
October 1st 2018
Donny Mark Ramdathsingh
Certified Penetration Testing Engineer
Chief Cloud Architect CTTL
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) was co-founded and is co-led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Over the last several years, it has expanded Tremendously. In today’s digital workplace, the month’s primary goal is to provide all of us with the information and tools we need to be safer and more secure online and to educate everyone about protecting personal information.
So let us start :
What is Cyber Security ? – Generally speaking it is a way to keep , computers, devices , data and digital environments safe.
Public and Private Sector Organizations employ Cybersecurity personnel.
It is crucial for Cybersecurity personnel to receive constant Training.However Cybersecurity is everyone’s personal responsibility, we have to take ownership of keeping our own personal accounts, records and digital footprints safe.
A Couple of things to help you today :
1) Keep your Software and Security Systems updated constantly.
2) Be aware of non-secure WI-FI’s , dont conduct important business like shopping or sensitive mail etc without Secure mechanisms.
3) Create Unique passwords and use Multifactor Authentication instead.
4) Online Accounts use as much security as you can , Bank Accounts, Social Media etc , Lock it down as much as you can.
5) Backup your Data, so in the event of a Breach or a Malware attack, you will have a restore option. Use the Cloud or some other location you deem safe.
6) If you are shopping online make sure the websites are security enabled, you should see an https:// and a small green lock on modern browsers.
7) Be careful with Links in emails, they are notorious with Cybercriminals to redirect you to their site and attempt to steal your information.
8) Look out for Cyberbullying , have a Kids only computer to use during specific monitored times and keep tabs with Blocking and Recording software.
9) Protect their Identity and warn them about STRANGER – DANGER online as well.
10) BLOCK and REPORT – Stay Safe out there !!!!
Hope you enjoyed this basic Intro : Talk soon !!
Contact us for more information :
(TT and Eastern Caribbean)
1-868-678-2885 (CTTL) | (JAMAICA) – 1-876-553-2885 (CTTL)
(US) – 1-954-353-2246 or email@example.com