Executive Manager – Operations
Reminder from my previous post that Microsoft’s timeline for Price Changes for Software is fast approaching. Microsoft commerce strategy changes prices on October 1st 2018.
Microsoft will adjust pricing for their licensing programs and make price adjustments to on-premises and cloud products. These changes will highlight the benefits of their pricing for a cloud-first world, help move from program-centric to a customer-centric pricing structure and create more consistency and transparency across all purchasing channels.
October pricing changes include:
• Establishing a single, consistent starting price across all programs aligned to web direct for online services (OLS)
• Removing the programmatic volume discounts (Level A and Open Level C) in Enterprise Agreement (EA)/EA Subscription, MPSA, Select/ Select Plus, and Open programs (Open, Open Value, Open Value Subscription)
• Aligning government pricing for on-premises and online services to the lowest commercial price in EA/EAS, MPSA, Select Plus, and Open Programs
• Delivering a newly designed Customer Price Sheet that better outlines how a customer’s price was derived (direct EA/EAS only) In conjunction with the programmatic pricing changes, several changes to our product pricing will be delivered, including:
• Office 2019 commercial prices will increase 10 percent over current on-premises pricing
• The price increase will include Office client, Enterprise CAL, Core CAL, and server products
• Windows 10 Enterprise E3 offers will be renamed
• E3 will now refer to the per user offer only- Windows 10 Enterprise E3 per User becomes Windows 10 Enterprise E3
• Windows 10 Enterprise E3 per Device becomes Windows 10 Enterprise
• The price of Windows 10 Enterprise will be raised to match the price of Windows 10 Enterprise E3
• Windows 10 Enterprise E5 per device will be discontinued
Each of these changes will be reflected In October.
We know that Licensing can be confusing, but you can count on CTTL to assist you in decoding the licensing stack to make the simpler choice every time.
Contact us at 1-868-332-2885 (CTTL) or email@example.com